Spotted! Charlize Theron is in Edinburgh for the filming of Fast and Furious 9 and we’re absolutely obsessed with her short hair!
A blast from the past
Charlize Theron holds a special place in our hairdressing hearts. In 2006, India Miller had the honour of styling Charlize (3 times!) for the Edinburgh International Film Festival’s 60th anniversary and loved every minute of it.
India said: “We were chatting away and when I mentioned it was my birthday and that I was going out for a meal, Charlize insisted that I take her chauffeur-driven car to the restaurant!”
Charlize Theron in 2019
Charlize sports a gorgeous cropped style for her new film, and it got us thinking…What are our top tips to consider before having the chop?
1. Shorter hair = lighter hair! If you have curly or wavy hair, these will become looser with a short style as there is less weight pulling them down. Shorter hair also has a tighter texture meaning that any curl or wave will instantly become tighter and pop!
2. For those of us with fine hair, opting for a shorter cut creates the look of thicker hair, which is the perfect cure for wispy locks.
3. Who’s to say you have to chop your mop all in one go? Let your stylist know just how short you ultimately want to go and work towards it. Slow and steady has never faulted us yet!
4. A picture says 1000 words: bring in visual aids to help your stylist envision exactly what you’re after.
5. Upkeep is a must for short hair! Everything will appear more obvious, from root regrowth to extra length. Scheduling regular appointments with your stylist is vital to keeping your short hair looking fab!
6. Enjoy the freedom: cutting off your hair can be liberating. You’ll use less shampoo, your hair dries quicker and it takes less time to style in the morning.
7. Your short hair will look its very best when styled every day. When you have long hair, getting away with sleeking it back into a pony tail during those dreaded bad hair days is easy, but short hair must be styled daily.
So there you have it, our top tips to consider before taking the plunge. Let us know if you are thinking about going short this season by joining the conversation over on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!